Making Maintenance More Visual Using Illustrated Parts Books
Maintenance personnel often require spare parts information from a parts catalogue to create maintenance plans, task lists, or bills of materials. If parts books are missing or misplaced, or stored at a different location, obtaining the correct information can be a very time consuming and tedious task. This results in wasted time and money, and can result in critical errors. In addition, it may lead to the ordering or stocking of wrong inventory.
We can help. NRX AssetVisualizer allows you to consolidate all asset-related documentation, including illustrated parts books, graphical maintenance manuals, and engineering documents into a single, reliable source, and attach these documents directly to a assets in AssetHub. You can load electronic parts books and create hotpoints from drawings and diagrams to parts in a parts list, making it easy to locate part numbers. NRX AssetVisualizer converts parts catalogs from LinkOne, Asset Navigator, and S1000D format automatically.
Access Illustrated Parts Books and Maintenance Manuals Faster
Maintenance personnel no longer waste time looking for parts books. By having the correct information at their fingertips, maintenance staff save time locating part numbers, and reduce errors identifying the correct parts. When maintenance plans and task lists refer to correct parts, maintenance staff can more easily eliminate duplicate and obsolete inventory, and lessen their reliance on manual processes for material requisitions. Maintenance personnel spend less time looking for parts and information, and more time performing maintenance.
Visual Parts Selection for Work Orders
When creating a work order in an EAM or CMMS system, maintenance staff are often required to include replacement part information for the work to be performed. Without easy access to an electronic parts catalog, locating the part information can be very time consuming and error prone.
What NRX AssetVisualizer does
NRX AssetVisualizer integrates with all major EAM and CMMS systems to link directly from a work order to an electronic parts book for a piece of equipment. Users can visually select in an exploded parts diagram, follow a hotpoint link to the part in a parts list, and quickly select the part or parts to be added to work order or requisition. They specify quantities, and update the work order automatically, reducing errors when ordering parts.
Key Benefits Realized
- More Wrench Time. NRX AssetHub helps customers typically increase wrench time by at least 25% by ensuring notifications and work orders contain information
- Better Data.We help our customers achieve at least a savings of at least 2.5% of the cost of ongoing maintenance and operations
Video | Visually Selecting Parts for Work Orders
See how NRX AssetVisualizer lets our customers visually select correct parts for work orders from an electronic parts catalog. NRX AssetVisualizer integrates with all major CMMS and EAM systems, making maintenance more visual, and more accurate
Brochure | AssetVisualizer for Visualizing EAM/CMMS Data
Learn how NRX AssetVisualizer helps Maintenance, Reliability, and Supply Chain Professionals create, visually identify, and select the spare parts and vendor documentation they need to plan and execute maintenance work faster
Share this article
Tags: electronic parts catalog, electronic parts catalogue, hubhead, maintenance data quality, maintenance management, NRX, NRX AssetHub, parts selection, Spare parts management, Visual Parts Catalog, Visual Parts Selection
- Say Goodbye to Compliance Issues
- Feeling Stuck Searching for Materials in Your EAM System?
- Is Your Safety Critical Equipment Adhering to Performance & Reliability Standards?
- 5 Secrets to Destroying Information Silos
- How To Keep Your Maintenance Documents In Line
- 3 Reasons Why Change is Good When Managing Data Quality
- How To Streamline Your Equipment Tags and Take Them To The Next Level
- Bad Spreadsheet Data? Perhaps a Little Magic Can Help!
- Building & Sustaining Your Asset Data Foundation
- Turn EAM / CMMS Data Nightmares into Dreams Come True!