Facing Problems in Your Asset Hierarchy? Adopt RDS-PP or KKS!
Leading power generation companies and their suppliers are starting to adopt standards like RDS-PP or KKS. RDS-PP or KKS are good identification systems as they allows for systematic and accurate classification of all parts of a power generation plant. They serve to identify power plants, sections of plants and items of equipment in any type of power plant according to task, type and location. The result of using this is a well defined logical breakdown of a power generation plant that is easy to understand. But why should you adopt RDS-PP or KKS? Let’s look at everything that is wrong with your current asset hierarchy!
Many companies struggle with the following issues when it comes to organizing their asset hierarchy:
- Finding objects in the hierarchy
- Consistency within hierarchy
- No easy way to improve the asset hierarchy
- The difficulty of working with EAM solutions and reliance on specialized IT resources
- the lack of well define corporate standard for how to organize assets and locations into a hierarchy
These issues are found across many different organizations in many different asset intensive industries. Some find that there are no set structures within the hierarchy, meaning that similar objects are found in different places, making it highly confusing. The organization within the assets of the hierarchy are inconsistent as well. Not only are the assets inconsistent but you are also unable to determine whether your asset hierarchy meets your corporate standard!
So what are the benefits of adopting RDS-PP or KKS?
Benefits for Suppliers
RDS-PP or KKS is great for suppliers because it provides a system that has already been mapped to a structure. This allows for an easier integration with the customers’ systems. It is easy and simple for integration. Not only is it easy to integrate, but it also standardizes the collection of information across your install base, allowing for you to leverage big data! RDS-PP or KKS will help you sell additional services such as condition monitoring, parts, inspection and regular service including preventive maintenance and corrective repairs. Lastly, it’ll help reduce the confusion that can occur when different departments need to work together on a system.
Benefits for Power Generators
RDS-PP or KKS is great for power generators because it saves time. You’ll be able to decrease the amount of time spent identifying spare parts since everything has a unique identification number. You’ll also be able to build an RDS-PP or KKS compliant hierarchy in your EAM system and populate it with accurate parts information. Again, it’ll help reduce the confusion that may occur when different departments need to work on a system together, allowing it to be uniquely identified. Lastly, it allows for comparing of reliability and financial data from completely diverse plants.
Want to align your EAM asset hierarchy with RDS-PP or KKS? We can help you!
Learn more about RDS-PP or KKS by downloading our FREE EBook HERE!
If you would like to learn more about how NRX AssetHub can assist your organization, contact us at 1-877-603-4679 or book a meeting today!
Share this article
- Search for Spare Parts Faster!
- It Is Not Difficult to Cleanse Your Data!
- Maintenance BOMs Will Save Your Life!
- How Should You Manage Your Equipment Tags?
- The Mysteries of High-Quality Maintenance Data
- Find Assets and Parts Faster with Better Visualization
- Facing Problems in Your Asset Hierarchy? Adopt RDS-PP or KKS!
- What Should Your SAP Plant Maintenance Solution Look Like?
- Regulatory Compliance Doesn’t Have to be Time Consuming!
- Repairing Data Can Be Quite Easy