Without stringent maintenance standards and regulatory guidelines, the rate of industrial accidents is sure to rise. When equipment functions inefficiently, production grinds to a staggering halt. In large asset-intensive businesses, that can translate into significant amounts of lost revenue.
Asset-intensive organizations spend millions of dollars each year on their EAM/CMMS system, and maintaining their equipment is the lifeblood of their business. Anything affecting the ability for equipment to perform at peak performance wreaks havoc on the company’s bottom line.
Asset-intensive organizations are becoming increasingly reliant on data in their EAM systems to keep their business running and profitable. When their data is in disrepair, the effects are felt most significantly within the maintenance division.
Here are some changes that can affect asset-intensive organizations.
It is extremely important to achieve high quality maintenance data.
Data loaded into an EAM system needs to be accurate, but companies spend too much time and money collecting data into spreadsheets only to find out that it is not accurate or useful. One of the best practices for data management is to determine the quality of the data and identify the gaps as it’s being built or cleansed.
What also helps with data management is being able to easily visualize and edit EAM data.
Companies need to be able to visually connect spare parts to the assets they belong to so maintenance workers can easily find the correct part information and update it when needed.
Poor data quality negatively affects work management through:
- Decreased wrench time
- Incomplete or incorrect work tasks and maintenance plans
- Poor allocation of human capital
- Missing skills or inefficient use of specialized skills
- Sub-optimal maintenance spending when compared to total Replacement Asset Value (RAV)
Understanding how serious maintenance is, and the affects of poor data has to your company, NRX AssetHub can help by:
- Identifying gaps and inadequacies in data
- Communicating data quality issues to contractors and consultants
- Consolidating asset and maintenance data into an enterprise library of common master data
- Capturing reliability or performance standards
- Easily locate, edit, and visualize data
Book a demo today or check out our e-book to learn more about data maintenance and how we can help you get your EAM data right!
Share this article