What Good are KPIs when Your Data is DOA?
You do everything right. You measure everything. You track everything: Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), Mean Time Between Fail (MTBF), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Preventative Maintenance Compliance, Planned Maintenance Percentage.
You name it, you measure it.
You are diligent about reliability practices. You work hard to improve maintenance processes to prevent failures. You work hard, period. And yet, you are a victim. You are a victim of the poor quality asset and maintenance data in your CMMS or EAM system. After all, how good are your KPIs if they measure the performance of assets that don’t even exist? How can you improve your mean time to repair if you are stocking the wrong parts? How can you increase preventative maintenance compliance if you have no maintenance data for your equipment? How can you increase availability if you don’t know where your critical spares are stocked? How can you improve your Planned Maintenance Percentage if your work orders contain useless or incorrect information?
The reality is that no matter how good data is when first built, it degrades over time, as assets are replaced, as maintenance practices change. Most companies live with incomplete and inaccurate asset and maintenance data on an ongoing basis. What a waste.
No amount of measurement can help you if your asset and maintenance data is bogus. Period. Why not start by letting us evaluate some of your data to help you understand how extensive your data problem is?
Share this article
- Say Goodbye to Compliance Issues
- Feeling Stuck Searching for Materials in Your EAM System?
- Is Your Safety Critical Equipment Adhering to Performance & Reliability Standards?
- 5 Secrets to Destroying Information Silos
- How To Keep Your Maintenance Documents In Line
- 3 Reasons Why Change is Good When Managing Data Quality
- How To Streamline Your Equipment Tags and Take Them To The Next Level
- Bad Spreadsheet Data? Perhaps a Little Magic Can Help!
- Building & Sustaining Your Asset Data Foundation
- Turn EAM / CMMS Data Nightmares into Dreams Come True!