Is Finding Materials In Your EAM System Causing You Nightmares?
For many asset-intensive organizations, it is a continuous challenge to select and find the correct materials in their EAM system. Whether their system has misnamed parts, no storage system for legacy parts descriptions, or their maintenance team is mired with selecting correct parts to plan work orders, the concerns are real and very challenging.
As companies discover that their parts descriptions do not adhere to structured naming conventions or have relevant characteristics recorded, the task of selecting the correct part or finding alternative ones becomes extremely taxing.In other organizations, maintenance workers use their own descriptions, but are limited by field lengths or corporate naming conventions, thus making it harder for them to find parts correctly. As a result, this wastes time trying to identify parts required to complete a work order, there is no BOM to refer to, plus the risk of ordering an incorrect part arises. Furthermore, the problem persists when the issue is not recognized throughout the organization, budget constraints surface as well as alack of executive support.
It’s no wonder why these challenges continue and why they are so common!
The only way to move forward is to find a scalable, easy to use software platform that allows individuals to find and select parts efficiently, as well as one that will fully integrate with your EAM/CMMS solution. Ideally, a web-based solution is needed to allow maintenance professionals to easily select and find parts.
There is light at the end of the tunnel…
NRX AssetHub is a Cloud based software solution that loads EAM data including materials efficiently and quickly. It allows companies to:
- filter and search existing parts easily from both descriptions and attributes
- find potential matching SKUs amongst all existing parts through one single powerful search tool across all attributes
- select parts from BOMs associated with equipment
- select parts visually from illustrated parts books associated with equipment
Unlike EAM/CMMS solutions, NRX AssetHub offers access to supplemental content (like vendor manuals and legacy parts descriptions) as well as the ability to select parts visually from a hot-pointed illustrated book. In addition, NRX AssetHub is fully integrated with EAM/CMMS solutions so you know where your spares are used and on what equipment.
Want to learn more?
For more information on how to revolutionize the way your company finds and selects materials in your EAM system, give us a call at 1-877-603-4679, or click here to contact us via email.
We look forward to helping you improve your materials search and selection processes.
Share this article
- Searching for spare parts has never been this easy…or fast
- Get on the RDS-PP and KKS Bandwagon
- Better Maintenance BOMs = Better Company
- Maximizing Asset Tag Accuracy and Effectiveness like the Eagles
- Top 3 Reasons Why Organizing Asset Hierarchy Is Difficult
- Aim for a gold medal in maintaining your asset management data!
- Dr-EAMs can come true with better visualization
- Can you outsmart a data quality report?
- How cloud computing is changing the world of EAM
- Is finding materials in your EAM system hard?