Asking the right questions is likely the most important part of planning. Since if you don’t know what to ask, how can you possibly know what to expect? So, when it comes to an EAM/CMMS system you’re planning to migrate to, having a secure plan of action is necessary. Moreover, to ensure success, you’ll need to ask the most pressing questions when researching how best to migrate. Below we’ve listed the most important questions you’ll need to ask and seek answers for before starting the migration process.
Ask the Right Questions
1. Is the provider credible and well-established? Knowing the experience of previous and current customers is crucial in determining whether your asset and maintenance master data will be in good hands. Asking about partnerships and customer testimonials will be a good indicator of the provider’s credibility, but you need to make sure they’re also well-established. Ensure that you ask questions that make you completely confident in the provider’s ability to administer what you need.
2. How often is the product updated? Having access to a consistently updated EAM/CMMS system will make operations much easier going forward. The system should always be up to date so you’re able to utilize the most efficient and effective tools available at that current time. If your system isn’t being frequently updated, you’ll be left with old and suboptimal functions that won’t benefit the work your employees are doing.
3. Are training and implementation services provided? An EAM/CMMS system provider should not only provide services for the technical side of things, but provide services for training and usability as well. If your team can’t properly operate the new EAM, then how is your company supposed to function properly? Ask about these kinds of services during your planning process, and if they’re not available, you should probably start looking for a different provider.
4. Is there technical support available? Complex systems like EAMs will inevitably run into some occasional issues. These issues may be caused by either the user or the service provider, but either way, there should always be reliable technical support available to fix the situation quickly. Ask about their technical support procedures, response times, and other relevant information pertaining to their methods of troubleshooting. If you’re stuck with a malfunctioning EAM for a prolonged period of time, lengthy downtime and serious threats to your asset and maintenance master data may occur.
5. Does it meet the needs of the company? Finally (and most importantly), you need to make a decision after all the necessary information has been gathered. You’ve done all the planning and it’s time to decide: is this EAM/CMMS system ideal for the company? If there are any doubts, more questions need to be asked throughout your planning process or another provider needs to be considered.
How NRX AssetHub Can Help You
Once you’re ready to make the switch, we can help. If you’re looking for reliable assistance while planning an EAM migration, make sure to reach out and book a demo or download our brochure for more.
Ensuring EAM Migration Success
How Long Will My EAM Migration Take?
Avoiding Asset Data Loss During an EAM Migration
Share this article