Better Maintenance BOMs = Better Company
When Asset-Intensive companies need to order parts maintenance BOMs, usually maintenance workers have to track vendor maintenance documents or the spare parts list and manually figure out what is needed. There are endless possibilities but very few effective solutions that will save your company from all your maintenance troubles. However, time and money can be saved by simply building better maintenance BOMs.
Benefits of building Accurate Maintenance BOMs
1) Quickly identify the correct parts to plan, schedule and complete work orders
For any business, time is money especially for asset-intensive companies. Building better maintenance BOMs can help maintenance personnel save time by being able to identify required parts for a work order.
2) Easily monitor the progress of a BOM building project
Companies always want the ability to monitor the progress of the project they are working on. Companies should be able to oversee, review and report on their contractors work on a continuous basis. Easy monitoring allows for less services fees and ensures high-quality, timely deliverables.
3) Reduce the costs associated with duplicate parts
High costs and inefficiency is not what an asset-intensive company wants or needs. With an even better BOM, companies should be able to easily search the criteria of all the existing parts. Having a solution that allows for easy selection of appropriate matches allows companies to avoid the creation of duplicate parts. When less duplicates are created, time and money is saved.
How To Build Better Maintenance BOMs
NRX AssetHub allows you to create, edit, visualize, review, and approve maintenance BOMs efficiently. Our solution is highly visual and allows for easy identification and selection of the parts required. Not only do we have everything that an efficient BOM building s0lution should include, but we also help you lower the cost of building better maintenance BOMs. In addition, we improve the quality of your existing BOMs.
By using AssetHub, you can copy and paste equipment and associated maintenance objects (including BOMs), so you can reuse BOMs for identical or similar equipment. AssetHub intelligently suggests appropriate BOMs for any given equipment. Using validation rules, you can ensure corporate standards and naming conventions are implemented accurately.
If you would like to find out more about how NRX AssetHub can help you easily and efficiently manage and approve changes to your EAM master data, contact us at 1-877-603-4679 or book a demo today!
Share this article
- Back to Basics: Making Ordering Spare Parts Painless
- Back to Basics: Best Practices for Maintenance Notifications
- Back to Basics: Efficient Equipment Tag Management Systems
- Back to Basics: Why simplifying BOMs is beneficial
- Watch Out for the Potholes: The Importance of Visualizing EAM Data
- Don’t get left behind: The Top 5 Issues with Legacy Systems
- Shifting the Gears to Success: The Benefits of KPIs in your EAM data
- One Size Does Not Fit All
- Fixing 10% can make 90% of the Difference
- Data Quality Trust Issues