NRX AssetHub Remembers Chicken Little
In case you’re not familiar with the story, Chicken Little was hit on the head with an acorn while she was walking in the woods one day. She deduced that the sky was falling, and set out to tell the king. On the way, she and several other barnyard creatures were led astray by a wily fox. Needless to say, they never made it to see the king!
What does it mean?
Supposedly, the purpose of this story is to teach courage: don’t be a chicken, don’t be afraid, the sky is not falling. Personally, I like to think this is a story that teaches perspective. In Chicken Little’s world, an acorn falling from the sky really was a piece of the sky. She panicked, and let herself be duped by a shrewd fox, who, incidentally, didn’t care if the sky was falling, provided he had food in his larder.
How does this apply to you?
Poor quality maintenance data manifests itself in poor quality maintenance. From a corporation’s perspective, the maintenance personnel aren’t doing a very good job maintaining equipment when they take twice as long to fix something because critical spares aren’t stocked, or because they can’t find the right part number to order.
From the maintenance worker’s perspective, the maintenance planner did a poor job, not anticipating the parts needed to keep the equipment running.
From the maintenance planner’s perspective, the engineering firm that provided the list of critical spares is at fault. They didn’t include the right list of spare parts.
It’s a domino effect: if the engineering firm had an easy way to ensure that the data they provided was complete and accurate, the maintenance planner would be able to plan properly, the right parts would be stocked, and the maintenance worker would look like a hero.
So what can you do?
So, how do you keep the sky from falling? Easy. Get a tool that helps everyone dealing with the fallout from bad asset and maintenance data know that they are covered. The data is right, and all’s well with the world.
NRX AssetHub helps you get your EAM data right. www.nrx.comI Want to Learn More
Share this article
- Say Goodbye to Compliance Issues
- Feeling Stuck Searching for Materials in Your EAM System?
- Is Your Safety Critical Equipment Adhering to Performance & Reliability Standards?
- 5 Secrets to Destroying Information Silos
- How To Keep Your Maintenance Documents In Line
- 3 Reasons Why Change is Good When Managing Data Quality
- How To Streamline Your Equipment Tags and Take Them To The Next Level
- Bad Spreadsheet Data? Perhaps a Little Magic Can Help!
- Building & Sustaining Your Asset Data Foundation
- Turn EAM / CMMS Data Nightmares into Dreams Come True!