Feeling Stuck Searching for Materials in Your EAM System?
For many asset-intensive organizations, it is an ongoing challenge to find the correct materials in their EAM system. Whether their system has misnamed parts, no storage system for legacy parts descriptions, or selecting the correct parts to plan work orders is hindered, the concerns are real and very challenging.
As companies discover that their parts descriptions do not adhere to structured naming conventions or have relevant characteristics recorded, the task of selecting the correct part or finding alternative ones becomes extremely difficult. In some organizations, maintenance workers use their own descriptions, but are limited by field lengths or corporate naming conventions, thus making it harder for them to find parts correctly. As a result, time is wasted trying to identify parts required to complete work orders, there is no BOM to refer to, plus there is the risk of ordering incorrect parts. Furthermore, the problem persists when the issue is not recognized throughout the organization. Hence, budget constraints surface as well as a lack of executive support.
The only way to move forward is to find a scalable, easy to use software platform that allows individuals to find and select parts efficiently, as well as one that will fully integrate with your EAM/CMMS solution. Ideally, a web-based solution is needed to allow maintenance professionals to select and find parts easily.
Luckily, there is light at the end of the tunnel…
NRX AssetHub is a cloud based software solution that loads EAM data including materials efficiently and quickly. It allows companies to:
- filter and search existing parts easily from both descriptions and attributes
- find potential matching SKUs amongst all existing parts through one single powerful search tool across all attributes
- select parts from BOMs associated with equipment
- select parts visually from illustrated parts books associated with equipment
Unlike EAM/CMMS solutions, NRX AssetHub offers access to supplemental content (like vendor manuals and legacy parts descriptions) as well as the ability to select parts visually from a hot-pointed illustrated book. In addition, NRX AssetHub is fully integrated with EAM/CMMS solutions so you know where your spares are used and on what equipment.
Want to learn more?
For more information on how to revolutionize the way your company finds and selects materials in your EAM system, give us a call at 1-877-603-4679, or click here to book a demo. We look forward to helping you improve your materials search and selection processes!
Share this article
- Building Your Business Case for IIOT
- Smart Data Powers Smart Manufacturing
- The Downtime Your EAM Data Can Prevent
- Can Your Data Catch Fire?
- Millions of Assets, One Location
- How Digital Immaturity Surges Gas Prices
- The Rising Cost of Compliance Issues
- Maximizing Maintenance Management Effectivity
- Getting Practical on Managing Spare Parts
- Poor Quality Data Costing Trillions