Poor Quality EAM/CMMS Data? Turn Data Nightmares into Dreams Come True!
Although asset-intensive organizations rely heavily on data in their EAM or CMMS systems, it’s the maintenance practices that keep businesses running and profitable. Hence, when poor quality data is at the forefront, the effects are often most apparent within the maintenance organization. Consequently, bad data not only infiltrates every corner of the maintenance structure, it affects the whole enterprise. As a result, companies experience incorrect work tasks, people resources are allocated poorly, specialized skills are used inefficiently and wrench time is decreased significantly.
When you consider that the average wrench time in many industries is less than 40%, the odds are stacked up high when it comes to efficiency. The problem rarely lies in the system, it’s usually with the quality of the data. If planners and technicians cannot trust the quality of their CMMS and MRO Supply Chain data, they may spend as much as 30% to 40% of their day locating and verifying the information they need to do their jobs.
Furthermore, when it comes to implementing accurate maintenance information, it’s vital to ensure that the next-generation work force is prepared. There are a number of maintenance workers who’ve built careers on detailed knowledge of maintenance information, such as plant configurations, repair techniques, and spare part requirements. As these experienced workers retire, companies must fill the knowledge gap they leave behind with thoroughly documented IT systems.
Hence, corporations need to adopt effective strategies that leverage both technology and the existing knowledge of their maintenance personnel and support staff to provide them with the right information, at the right time to optimize execution of their maintenance philosophies.
Where Do You Begin?
With the right solution in place, organizations can get back on track. Here are 13 steps to get the process started:
- Find and fix EAM and CMMS Data issues- identify gaps and inadequacies in your data
- Build and manage your high-quality data
- Repair and optimize your data- eliminate duplicate parts, identify obsolete inventory and change maintenance strategies for existing assets
- Manage and approve changes to EAM and CMMS Data- automate and document the process and ensure that corporate standards are being adhered to
- Perform plant and warehouse audits- ensure that your asset hierarchy is correct, reduce unnecessary duplication of spare parts and ensure critical spares are stocked
- Cleanse your EAM Master Data
- Build Better BOMs- identify the correct parts to plan, schedule and complete work orders
- Make maintenance easier by adding images
- Obtain a 360-degree view of maintenance information- make all documentation, drawings, photos, parts catalogs, and engineering documents easily accessible for maintenance personnel
- Comply with reliability and performance standards
- Align EAM asset hierarchies with ISO 14224
- Organize equipment tags in a unique and meaningful system
- Make complex maintenance processes easier- improve the quality of your information in notifications, follow critical steps and improve the quality of historical data
At NRX, our solutions provide maintenance and reliability professionals at asset-intensive businesses with world-class software for analyzing, visualizing, building, editing, organizing, approving, and sustaining Asset and Maintenance Data quality for their Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) systems. As a result, our customers know their maintenance teams can perform the right maintenance procedures, on the right equipment, in the most efficient manner. Want to Learn More? Contact us at 1-877-603-4679 or visit us at www.nrx.com.
Share this article
- Poor Quality EAM/CMMS Data? Turn Data Nightmares into Dreams Come True!
- Top 5 Reasons Why Maintenance Organizations Need to Change
- 7 Effective Steps to Implementing & Migrating Your CMMS System
- Engineering and Maintenance Planning… with Bad EAM Data?
- What Good are KPIs when Your Data is DOA
- Top 3 Impacts of Poor Quality EAM Data on Maintenance and Operations
- Aligning your Asset Hierarchy with ISO 14224
- The Hidden Cost of Erroneous Work Orders: How Asset-Intensive Businesses can Save Millions and Free up 1000s of Hours of “Wrench Time”
- Simplifying Equipment Tag Management
- The Foundation for Operational Excellence