Fall in love with your EAM all over again
Here at HubHead, we spend a lot of time with customers who are managing Asset Intensive businesses in Oil & Gas, Energy, Paper, Transportation, Utilities and many other industries. Almost all of those customers have implemented some form of EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) system to help with the job. EAMs come in various flavours: Maximo, SAP, Oracle, Infor, ABB Ventyx plus others. Regardless of the flavour chosen, one consistent message from customers is that the implementation of their EAM largely sucks!
Often EAMs actually reduce the amount of work that customers can get done. They seem to consistently reduce work productivity and increase employee frustration.
At HubHead, we are trying to help our customers deal with those frustrations. We help organizations who’ve invested $10M and often more than $100M in EAM software (to track 10,000s to several Million assets) to unlock the value in their EAM systems. Frequently, the problems they encounter are not with the EAM functionality, but with their ability to deal with data quality, completeness, and integrity issues with the data initially loaded into the EAM. You might think of it as a Garbage In – Garbage Out problem. Reality is a little more nuanced. Clearly, there is a minimum level of data quality needed to make every EAM work.
So how do you fall in love with your EAM all over again? Focus on the pain. Lean into the real problems of data quality and get a tool that can help your team improve the quality and completeness of EAM data. That’s effectively what our NRX AssetHub software does. NRX AssetHub provides productivity tools to help you improve the quality, integrity, and completeness of your data, including:
- Providing an immediate assessment of the quality of the data in your current EAM
- Calculating a data quality score for your Asset information
- Highlighting operational integrity issues
- Colour-coding issues to let you focus on the real data problems
An amazing thing happens when you focus on the real problems of data quality in your EAM implementation. As the quality and completeness of the data improves, productivity increases, and more work gets done. Frustration is reduced.
If this sounds like a familiar problem in your business and with your EAM, and you would like to get more out of your EAM, please give us a call, share a sample of your EAM data and we will score it for you, or register for our upcoming user conference (September 29 -30). We would love to show you how to fall in love with your EAM all over again.
Share this article
- Building Your Business Case for IIOT
- Smart Data Powers Smart Manufacturing
- The Downtime Your EAM Data Can Prevent
- Can Your Data Catch Fire?
- Millions of Assets, One Location
- How Digital Immaturity Surges Gas Prices
- The Rising Cost of Compliance Issues
- Maximizing Maintenance Management Effectivity
- Getting Practical on Managing Spare Parts
- Poor Quality Data Costing Trillions