Excel? Good for Doing Taxes. Not for Data Building and Analysis
Surprisingly often, seemingly simple tasks are still done in the most tedious ways possible. A popular, yet frustrating tool regularly used for tasks such as managing asset and maintenance data is still the classic Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
We are in an ever-changing and progressing world with so many resources that are continually being reinvented and improved. Using Excel in this day and age may be justified due to its easy availability and seemingly cheap and easy to use solutions, but do these reasons hold up against the many disadvantages in comparison to software alternatives such as NRX AssetHub?
Here are some of the features that NRX AssetHub allows you to do that Excel simply falls short on:
- Regularly and proactively monitor the state of your data build. The Data Quality Report summarizes the assets and maintenance objects loaded into the system, and reports on the completeness of the data build. It will, for example, identify assets that are missing maintenance plans, so that easy adjustments can be made. Our customers can schedule the report to run periodically, and watch as the build progresses. During a data repair project, the Data Quality Report helps drive the changes required to make the data complete and compliant. Organizations that use our solution typically save 50% of the time and cost typically incurred during a data build.
- Provide regular feedback to your data build contractor and consultants to keep focus. Our customers use the Data Quality Report to effectively communicate and illustrate their data quality issues to consultants and contractors. The report highlights issues that would otherwise be difficult to substantiate and communicate. Results of the analysis can easily be exported to a spreadsheet and passed to responsible parties, providing them a detailed listing of any issues that are to be fixed. Organizations that use our solutions gain more insight into the work of their contractors and consultants and typically experience an increase in productivity of 50%.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards prior to going into operations. The Data Quality Report focuses on areas of concern that affect operational integrity, such as ensuring all safety-critical equipment have maintenance plans. Our solution allows our customers to easily validate their data against corporate standards such as ISO 14224.
- Provide complete visibility into all aspects of your data build and associated data objects using the NRX AssetVisualizer. NRX AssetVisualizer is a visual asset, illustrated parts catalogue, and parts management solution that helps Maintenance, Reliability, and Supply Chain professionals visually identify and select the spare parts and vendor documentation they need to efficiently plan and execute maintenance work faster.
- Promote consistency and standardization as to how you maintain your assets. NRX AssetHub provides powerful reports that measure the completeness and analyze the quality of asset and maintenance data in an EAM or CMMS system. At a glance, our customers can see where their data is incomplete, what assets are missing from the asset hierarchy, and where maintenance data is missing for critical assets.
- Compare your asset data against industry best practices. Learn how your business stacks up against industry best practices
If you would like to see a demo of how NRX AssetHub can help you transition away from traditional data building approaches such as Excel, give us a call.
If you want to find out about this solution or the many other ways NRX AssetHub can help your business, check out the link: http://www.nrx.com/solutions/
Share this article
- Top 7 Root Causes of Poor Quality EAM Data
- Poor Quality Data Decomposes EAM Asset Reliabilty
- SAP PM Notifications Simplified
- What Good are KPIs when Your Data is DOA
- Top 3 Impacts of Poor Quality EAM Data
- ISO 14224 Alignment With Asset Hierarchy
- The Hidden Cost of Erroneous Work Orders
- Simplifying Equipment Tags
- The Foundation for Operational Excellence
- 3 Steps for Asset Master Data Success